Created a new website for your business and looking for a good web host to put it on the World Wide Web? Are you planning to switch from one company to another? Then, this article is for you. Here, we will discuss some common mistakes that people often make.
Choosing the cheapest or free web host
Cost shouldn’t be the only criterion while choosing. Choosing the cheapest or free web host is the first mistake that many people tend to make. Here are some issues with free services:
• Generally companies offer free only if they do not have genuine customers and to attract newbies. Such companies may go out of business any time and this will land you and your website in trouble.
• Free hosting companies may put some third party advertisements on your website that may distract or annoy your visitors.
• Some scripts may not work when you are under free or cheap hosting. This may affect the loading speed of your site; especially when your website contains animated or video content.
• Some hosting companies that provide free services make you choose their templates – you cannot have a unique theme for your website. Remember, the theme is very important – it is like an identity of your business.
• Sometimes, search engines may not give priority to the sites that are under cheap hosting. If search engines don’t recognize your site, you can’t benefit. All your efforts in creating the website will go in vain.
Going for a new company
Some new web hosting companies may offer services but many times they just do it to attract customers. Do not sign up with them unless you properly assess and confirm if those services are really useful for you. Also assess if the company is going to be long-term. Many new companies will not be able to maintain their service or up-time for long time. They just focus on acquiring customers and scaling their business, before they close down. It is always better to go for a company that has been hosting websites for over 10 years.
Not reading “Terms of Services” properly
Many people while opting for a web hosting service ignore reading the ToS and face problems after signing up. Hosting companies usually highlight only a few points that benefit their company and try to de-emphasize other points. Note this and go through every point in ToS carefully. Know about refund policy, cancellation procedure, agreement, etc. properly. If you have any doubts regarding the ToS, ask the hosting company to clarify. It is your responsibility to check the services they offer and conditions on them before accepting the agreement with the hosting company.
These are the most common mistakes that many people tend to make while choosing a web hosting company. So, be aware of all these points and choose a good host with best services.